How to Create a Memorable Cocktail Hour
Your Cocktail Hour is the first impression of your reception for guests and sets the tone for the rest of the evening. This is a prime opportunity to showcase personalized touches and create your desired atmosphere for your guests while they mix and mingle. Keeping these tips in mind you will be sure to create the perfect ambiance!
- When selecting your hors d’oeurves – make it easy on your guests by serving food that doesn’t require a knife or fork, this allows guests to not be contained to one spot while socializing and exploring the venue.
- With all the modern fad diets, it’s important to have options to be inclusive of all your guests. Whether it’s having vegetarian options, keto, paleo, gluten free or stations to customize the dish to tailor to your guests’ choices.
- Create a Signature Drink – give it a fun name and keep it in season to have the most desirable outcome. Make it personal – it can be a combination of the Bride and Grooms name or even the drink you had on your first date!
- Don’t spike the punch! Having a variety of drink selections for non-drinkers is important. A simple infused water with cucumber and mint is a great option for the summer months. In the colder months, keep it seasonal with hot apple cider and cinnamon sticks.
- Having seated and standing options provides guests of all ages with comfort and selection.
- Live entertainment is another aspect that could help with setting a distinct mood. Ensure to keep the music at a moderate volume, the dance party hasn’t started yet so at this point the music should be light and enjoyable.
- Games and activities – if your wedding is outdoors, set up some lawn games (cornhole, ladder toss, Jenga). This is also a great idea if you have a lot of kids attending.
Having a cocktail hour is a great decision to help with the flow of your special day. This eliminates the confusion for guests not knowing what to do in between the ceremony and receptions and ensures they are well entertained while the Bride and Groom get their photos taken.